Affordable Women’s Healthcare (OBGYN) and Prenatal Care in Raleigh
We understand the importance of high-quality health services that are focused on the needs of women of all ages. The Women’s Health Services at NeighborHealth include the following:
- Cervical cancer screening (pap smears for all women 21-65 years old) and interventions such as Colposcopy or LEEP procedures
- Referral for screening and diagnostic mammograms
- Screening tests for sexually transmitted illnesses (STIs) such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV
- Prenatal care
- Problem-focused visits for infertility, irregular periods, vaginal discharge, contraceptive counseling, and other issues
If you are pregnant, it is important to get early and regular prenatal care to assure a healthy pregnancy and baby. If you are pregnant—or think you might be—call NeighborHealth Center to schedule your first prenatal visit. Your prenatal care provider will schedule regular checkups over the course of your pregnancy.
NeighborHealth Center offers care for low-risk pregnancy of expectant mothers in a safe, family-friendly, caring environment. Our prenatal care includes:
- Pregnancy testing
- Physical examinations
- Prenatal lab testing
- Routine ultrasounds
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 984-222-8000. We have staff who are fluent in Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic.
Frequently Asked Questions
NeighborHealth Clinic providers answer frequently asked questions about our affordable women’s healthcare.
A visit to your healthcare provider is recommended yearly for annual screening and anytime you have concerns about any symptoms you may be experiencing.
Depending on the reason you’re coming in, the preparation may vary. General guidelines include:
- If you have gynecological concerns, we may require a pelvic exam. Do not douche, have sex, or put anything in your vagina for 24 hours prior to your pelvic exam. For further questions, call NeighborHealth Clinic at (984) 222-8000.
- For testing and treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs), we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
- For prenatal visits, check out the information on our prenatal care page.
Time can vary depending on your concerns and what tests need to be done but typically from 15 to 45 minutes. The physical portion of the exam lasts, on average, around 10 minutes, with plenty of time to talk through any concerns you may have with your doctor.
Your provider will ask a variety of questions to understand your medical history, your family’s medical history, and any concerns you want to discuss. These questions will help make sure you get the best care possible, and it’s important to be as honest as you can.
Meet Our Women’s Health Team
Stacy Boulton, M.D.
Accepting Medicaid and Medicare Patients
As part of providing affordable women’s healthcare and prenatal care in Raleigh, we accept most insurance including Medicaid, Medicare, and private commercial and Affordable Care Act insurance plans.
For more information on insurance accepted, payment options, and our sliding scale for uninsured patients, please visit our payments and insurance information.
Great medical facility that has a professional staff and affordable prices based on your income. We took our 73 yr old mother-in-law there who does not speak English or qualify for any government insurance. We could not afford to buy her private health insurance at this time. We saw the advertisement for NeighborHealth Center on WRAL news. I made her an appointment and now she is getting the medical check up and preventive health screenings that she has not had in many years. She is now taking a medicine that is helping with her conditions and making her life more comfortable and enjoyable. Thank Goodness that we have smart people who can make things like this happen. Thank You NeighborHealth